Monday, February 20, 2012

Music is my diary.

So I wrote a new song.... I'm not sure what I want to call it... It's some kind of prayer...



Not sure what I want to say
But I feel as though I should say something
Because honestly, I am so afraid
Instead of facing my fears, I keep running away

Chorus: And they say that time makes things better
But some things, they don’t seem to change
And I can’t help but wonder if I will ever be
The person I want to
Open my eyes
Open my eyes
Teach me how to see
Teach me how to breathe

Inhale and exhale
It’s not that simple, I regret to say
Because anxiety has got me by the neck
And I’m struggling but can’t break away

Chorus

Open my eyes
Open my eyes
Open my heart
To love like you love
See like you see
Don’t let my selfishness consume me
To love like you love
See like you see
I can’t do this alone, please help me now

Chorus

I think this song describes how I often feel sometimes... I do wonder a lot if I will ever be the person that God is calling me to be... I feel like I'm always failing and never making myself into a better person. I'm sure I don't feel alone in this... But that is why this song is a prayer I suppose... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I need God's help to do anything in life... and if I ever will truly become the person I'm called to be then it will be through Christ. How ironic that I'm posting/thinking about all of this right before lent. Looks like its about the perfect time of the year to actually follow through with that long list of things that I want to change about myself... 

Short blog post I suppose... but this girl has a busy life that she leads. Till next time, 

"Pray. Hope. And Don't worry."

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete