Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A New Home.

Today was moving day.

I am no longer living in a familiar place with the familiar faces of my family. I am 2 and a half hours away. At college. I have many mixed feelings about that. Excitement. Anticipation. Fear. Anxiety. Happiness. Sadness...

It's a change. And as much as I hate change... I know this will be a good change. This is a part of growing. And I am looking forward to it. I have high hopes for this year. Luckily, I am not beginning this new chapter in my life alone. I have some really great friends coming to school with me... one in particular friend of mine and I have become very close... and that friendship really makes me happy. I am very blessed...

* * *

My parents just left... I didn't think I would be this sad... hehe, I'm actually crying some... There is a part of me deep in my heart that doesn't want to leave home yet... that doesn't quite want to grow up. However, the majority of myself... if thats an okay way to word it... knows I have to. And not only that, but wants to and knows it will be good.

This place. This campus. This room--this will become my new home... not a permanent one. But my home for the next four years. And the friends that I have now and the new ones I make will become practically family. I do have high hopes like I said before. It will be a good year. And I have Christ at my side guiding me as I walk.


1 comment: